- FryingPanTower.com's Captain David Tilly and all the guys on his "GO-TO" site for weather, advice, and help with rides out n' back! Every time we consider a trip out to the tower we FIRST go to www.FryingPanTower.com and look at the forecast provided by Captain Dave. His site has proven to be a vital source of information for not just weather but also in providing assistance in the form of rides out, help with carrying equipment and general get it done assistance! (They are a separate company not affiliated with FPTower.com but share a common love of the ocean, fishing and the tower)
- You! ...no really, you! With your help we have moved from "crazy guy with an idea" to "FPTower Crazy Crew who are getting it done!" With over 200 volunteers and the goodwill of many from the coastal towns, we have been able to get rides, purchase supplies and drink cool water while we work (hey Culligan!) It seems like everyone we speak with has now heard about what we're doing and is encouraging and supportive. For that we say, THANK YOU AMERICA!
- John Hess of Consolidated Truck Parts, Rockwell NC provided a 100% MATCHING donation of up to half our cost to replace our SHOT OUT Tower windows. In the 90's the tower was basically abandoned and after a few beers (guessing) someone thought it would be fun to shootout the corner light tower's windows! With John's help and our friend's donations, we will replace them in short order!
- Brian Kiddy & the Designated Diver introduced us to free-diving under the tower! We were able to not only catch a ride out with him and some great divers (now friends), but were able to examine the underwater leg structure and determine the best location for reef-safe mooring buoys! Next trip out we'll have a way to MOOR your vessel for your own Adventure Vacation on the Frying Pan Tower! You rock Brian!
- Brad Hester & his Brother Scott stepped up and were able to bring out the Hughes Satellite equipment and installer Curtis Nickels of Skynet. Thanks to Brad's piloting in 3' - 4' rolling waves, We now have Internet! Brad and his brother Scot were able to position us directly under the lift in challenging seas! Thanks guys!
- Rob & Cassie Whitney have the distinction of not 1, not 2, but 3 volunteer boat rides to the tower! Rob's ability to maneuver around the tower legs while we safely offloaded people and equipment has helped us maintain a 100% safe transfer history! He also was the 1st to safely anchor his boat overnight and stay onboard with us! A big THANKS to Rob and Cassie!
- In honor of, and with respect to: James Eugene Wilson (Gene), The Frying Pan Tower wishes to thank his family for their support of our restoration efforts. Gene was the Captain of the Dreamcatcher and the Hook up out of Wilmington for more than 10 years, and the tower was his favorite place to fish. He was a retired Deputy from Davie County Sheriff's Department who fought a long battle with Pancreatic Cancer. It was truly his dream to stay on the tower and we thank his family, Kathy Wilson and Jeannette Craver for their help and honor Gene for his service to the community.
- Captain Kevin Sneed of Rigged & Ready Charters has carried several LARGE loads of equipment and materials out to the Frying Pan Tower and each time have done the job smoothly and efficiently! When people ask us who we recommend for PRODUCTIVE deep sea fishing, our answer has always been: RIGGED AND READY CHARTERS!
- Mike Hamby, has gone above and beyond with helping restore the tower! With his knowledge we have restored hot and cold running water, lights, and returned most of the equipment to operating order! Mike has also the distinction of running the Frying Pan Tower Hams! a HAM radio operation from the tower! Thanks Mike! VERY much appreciated!
- Richard Clark, Rickey Holden, and Steve Smith, helped with an impromptu ride to the tower to drop off supplies and volunteers! A week later, Richard and Rickey just won the S.H.A.R.E. Fishing Tournament! I guess good things come to those who help others! Thanks guys and CONGRATS!
- Jim Atack, Thanks for the anchor rope! We'll use it for various uses around the tower including some of the maintenance work. Much appreciated Jim!
- Mike Callahan, of Point Lighting Corporation for 16 new Helipad lights! This spring we will install them with low-voltage lighting and shine!
- David Wood, for Design work! David owns David A Wood Designs in Monroe NC and can be reached at (704) 764-7983
- Timothy Kaplan, of Oceanic Realty (910) 264-7753 provided a ride to (and from) the Tower. See our Facebook photo! Thanks Tim!
- John McDow, with the Midnight Wind, kindly donated his time and Captain skills to take us to the tower! See ourblog for more information. Thanks John!
- Scott Blevins and Jeff Fisher in Scott's boat and Jay and Pattie Salavan on our first OVERNIGHT trip! Without their help, we wouldn't have made it on the tower with our large amount of cargo and crew! Thanks Scott, Jeff, Jay & Pattie! as well as Patrick Carroll and Mark Barbee and our designer, David Wood!
- RACK'EM Billiards! Fancy a game of pool? We have a pool table and now have a fresh set of POOL Balls from our friends at Rack'em Billiards of Charlotte.
- Sterling Gaming Wholesale provided new 4 Fiberglass CUES! Thanks Sterling Gaming Wholesale of Indian Trail NC.
The Frying Pan Tower is being restored to service through YOU,
our supporters and volunteers!
People like Mark Barbee (aka Superman) who stepped up and put his blood, sweat and MUSCLE into helping us on the Tower! With your help we'll bring it back and make it available for anyone to climb aboard and use.
If you would like to know more about the Frying Pan Tower activities or how you can help, please contact us, join our Facebook page, or if you feel generous, please donate to help purchase the stairs, structural steel, storm doors, and the list goes on and on...