This year we are working to get everyone who wants to help out to the tower for their own adventure and to help with the restoration! Each month there is a conference call to learn more about the projects and to get you a chance to learn more about how you can help!
Look over these items/projects and fill out the form below.
Current PROJECTS that need YOUR help:
- Continued Scraping and Painting of interior areas (oil & latex based paints)
- Replacing the corner light tower’s window support structure (light welding work, accuracy req’d)
- Swapping out existing ceiling tiles for new tiles (changing lights at same time)
- Removal of 2’x4’ fluorescent lights (room by room, replacing with can lights)
- Installation can lights (50) & repurposing existing wiring from fluorescent lights
- Installation & new wiring for perimeter walkway lighting for main outside level
- Re-wiring of floor circuits where needed for 3 affected guest rooms
- Replacement of various broken main level windows (5)
- Addition of main & upper level walkway support beams (welding, fabrication, heights!)
- Preparation of main truss structures for rework (scaling, rust removal, heights!)
- Creation of work scaffolding for main truss and walkway beam replacement (fabrication from drawings)
- Restoration of central heat & air for work during cold months (design, installation of oil burning heater)
- Replace existing floor access hatch with larger hatch in corner light tower
- Remove floor tile & coating for steel treatment & application of floor coating
- Creation of water level pipe walkway support brackets (welding)
Please remember there are many who wish to participate and we don't exclude anyone but must chose participants who meet the particular project at hand. Of note: access to an ocean going boat of at least 26' with twin motors that can bring out volunteers and carefully wrapped supplies puts you at the TOP of our list. Simply put, transportation logistics are our #1 challenge!
If you have a friend who can bring your work group out and drop you off, that is the best bet for getting time on the tower!