All participants must sign the release below before coming aboard. Please print and sign a copy in advance.
General Trip Details & Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine setting on the 80' by 80' deck and enjoying a panoramic view of the ocean, sunsets from your room, and with no city lights, unlimited views of the stars above.
Want more days? Have a corporate event? Just contact us for details.
We provide basic meal supplies for your meals, beds (official US Coast Guard twin size), clean sheets, towels and kitchen amenities. If you desire specific meals beyond our basic items (hey we're guys cooking!), please pack out your desired meal items but don’t worry about utensils, seasonings, condiments. We require 2 Frying Pan Tower staff people to travel out with your group for safety and since we have reduced rates during restoration and don’t live there fulltime, we will be bringing out these 1-2 FPTower crew with your group. Our refund policy is a 100% no questions asked refund of your purchase up to the day before your scheduled weekend. All trips must be used within a calendar year of the date of purchase.
We provide complementary panoramic views from the open helipad of your choice of sunset or sunrise depending on your preferred sleep cycle. Take a look out over the horizon from the corner light tower at 126’ or drop a line from anywhere 360 degrees around the main level into one of the areas most abundant concentrations of fish! Each room has a single bed in classic Coast Guard fashion and yes there are normal comforts such as lights, running water, full kitchen amenities, pool table, telescope, internet access and digital TV on a 8’ projector. The Frying Pan Tower is outfitted to easily accommodate 8 overnight guests. Please consider your adventure on the tower comparable to a blend between camping and renting a beach house with the difference being 85’ in height and 30+ miles out in the Atlantic ocean!
Transportation to the Tower
Choose your transportation option below and let us know so we may verify availability and reserve it for you. (Payment for transportation is required when services are provided. )
- Your Boat If you are an experienced captain of a vessel of 26' or larger and have confidence in your skills a FPTower crew member will go out with you and help everyone onto the tower as well as getting your vessel tied up to one of our moorings. This is the ocean so if you're not sure please consider our charter boat or helicopter options below.
- Boat / Fishing: Owner, Jason Wheatley of the Holden Beach Marina has several Captains who can take your group out both to the tower and for an exciting 1/2 day of fishing on Friday or full day on Saturday! Contact Jason at (910) 367-7287 or by email. (A typical charter ride out is $1,000 for 6 passengers) They can make your ride out more exciting with charter fishing added to your trip out for an additional fee.
- Helicopter: If your schedule requires to you adhere to a strict schedule, please consider using our friends of HeliJet to gently set you on top of the Frying Pan Tower's helipad and take you home in a brief but exciting 20 minute flight to top off your adventure! The helicopter can carry 3 passengers each trip and is based on departure from Cape Fear Airport by Southport NC. (The first trip out is $1,300 and subsequent trips $650 each.) We arrange flights with them directly but you may contact them directly: Pilot Joe "JR" Reed of Executive HeliJet Charters LLC at (843) 251-4354 (HELI) or by email
Being as the Frying Pan Tower is an ongoing restoration project we operate with the understanding that there are areas that are off-limits for safety, all guests are required to sign a liability release waiver before boarding. We consider your safety the most important part of having a great adventure. This facility is out in the open ocean and is a very dangerous place where foolish action can result in serious consequences very quickly. This is not your normal vacation weekend but one that due to it’s unique character will be a trip that you will be talking about for years to come! This is as Time Magazine quoted, a “rustic” location meaning there is still plenty of rust!
- You must be of good health although handicaped persons will be gladly accommodated and no climbing is required
- No children under the age of 10 (or of any age if not able to follow safety instructions)
- No pets allowed (sorry, this is not a safe place for animals nor are there any "relief" areas available)
- No firearms allowed (other than for skeet shooting and transfered unloaded and locked with FPT crew notified)
- All participants must sign the release form before coming aboard. Please print and sign a copy in advance.